Una casa de Oracion para TODOS
Who We Are
We are a historic downtown congregation that has served Salem for centuries. We are young and old, rich and poor, black and white, gay and straight. We are an intentionally inclusive congregation. We are a small but growing congregation with a sense of mission and vitality and we want to build here a place that serves God by serving others.
Community Outreach Programs
The Church needs YOUR help to support and expand its Outreach Programs, held in the Church Hall, and community programs, held in the greater Salem area. Check out the activities currently in place along with some new programs planned. Everyone is invited to participate in these programs.
- Coat Closet: Serving families in the Salem, Peabody, Lynn area for over five years, the church has been providing people in need of warm coats, socks, hats, gloves, and scarves. This program will be expanded in 2016, by purchasing coats in sizes that do not get donated, such as larger men's sizes.
- Weekly Wednesday Meetup: This is an open door to anyone in the community that would like to get together for a day of friendship and conversation. Everyone is welcome to come in and enjoy the space for reading, listening to music, or if you have a hobby or craft project that you are working on, come and join us. The church also provides a lunch, at no charge, (donations are welcomed). A small prayer service is held after lunch, if people would like to participate.
- Toys for Tots (Seasonal): Our Sunday School children have come up with a way to give back to the community and they have chosen the Toys for Tots program. The community will be providing toys to children that are in need this season and bringing them to the local fire station.
- Diaper Ministry: This new program, starting the in the summer of 2016, reaches many families in the community in need of diapers and baby wipes. It will provide families with much needed assistance from new born to 2 years old.
- Monthly LGBT Luncheon: This is a new lunch program that is geared to opening the door to our LGBT seniors that may not have a place where they feel comfortable in going for a meal. The church provides space for people to be themselves.
- A.A.: Supported by the church for many years, this ministry meets in the Church Hall on Tuesdays at 7:30pm and on Fridays at 8:00pm.
Community Ministries Supported
VOCES; CDC of Salem; La Coalicion de Liderazgo Latino; North Shore Community Development Coalition; Lifebridge, Inc.; The House of Seven Gables Settlement Association; Over the Rainbow